Monday, January 28, 2013

Pork Chili Verde / Hot Hot Heat

Friends, I am testing out an idea here.  I love eating (obviously) and cooking, but I spend more of my time - most of it, in fact - listening to or, let's be real, singing along to music, or going to shows.  I'll even do both at once, and the phrase "cooking music" - as in "Whose turn is it for the cooking music?" - is a real thing in our house.  And obviously I'm only cooking when it's time to cook; I'm listening to music all the time. So I'm going to try a little something.  I'm going to throw a related song or artist at you along with the recipe post.  Ok? Ok!

Today I bring you Pork Chili Verde, which is a nice way to warm up with this frigid weather we've been having.  It's spicy and, thanks to the chipotle, a little smoky, and it's got hearty chunks of pork in it to keep you going.


And, of course, while I was writing this, thinking about its heat both in the sense of toastiness and spiciness, and what comes to mind? Goodnight Goodnight by Hot Hot Heat on Grooveshark - Hot Hot Heat, of course! Like me, they are from Canada; they're even from my home province of British Columbia.  They're from the capital, Victoria (if you were going to say Vancouver is the capital, we're not friends anymore until you start paying attention).  Fun bouncy party band!  Listen to them while you make some Pork Chili Verde!

No comments:

Post a Comment