Monday, February 4, 2013

Slow-Cooker Chicken Noodle Soup: because you're sick

Ok, so maybe I am going to drop my "food with a side of music" conceit for a week here because what I have for you today is Slow-Cooker Chicken Noodle Soup, which really needs no extra hook (see what I did there?).  It's winter, we're all sick and cold and tired, and this is something you barely even need to chop anything for.  You do a bare minimum of prep, throw everything in the slow-cooker, and go watch VH1 clip shows, wrapped in a blanket on the couch, for a few hours.


Now granted, most of the flavour is going to be delivered via the stock you use, so use one you like - or make your own, if that's a thing you do (and I don't; I just make vegetable stock since I don't roast chickens nearly ever, weirdly enough).  But you know, if you're feeling under the weather and just want to get this done, there is absolutely nothing wrong with grabbing a can of store-brand chicken broth and calling it a day.  That's what I did!

So: off you go.  Go make some Slow-Cooker Chicken Noodle Soup. Me, I'm going to go back to coughing up substances of a color not found in nature.

No comments:

Post a Comment