Thursday, February 9, 2012

Quick Breakfast: Crepe Nutella


It's difficult to cook for yourself and your family when you have a full time job. As one of the Chefs at an Italian restaurant in Manhattan, I work 10-11 hours a day. But even with that kind of schedule, I make sure I feed myself properly.

I love this recipe for the same reason I love Peanut Butter and Jelly; It's fast, doesn't have a lot of ingredients and did I say so darn good? Enjoy!

Ingredients:
3/4 cup Flour
1 Egg - Beaten
3/4 cup Milk
2tsp. salt
Nutella
Unsalted butter for cooking the Crepes
Makes about 5-6 Crepes, depending on the size of the pan

Mix the flour and salt in a medium bowl. Make a well in the center then add the egg and milk. Mix the egg and milk together then gradually mix in the flour. Continue mixing until clumps are gone.

Melt butter in a non-stick pan on medium heat. Pour in enough batter to cover the base then swirl the pan around the pan while tilting it so that you have a thin and even layer. Cook for about half a minute. Lift up the edge of the crepe to see if it's brown enough then flip it using a rubber spatula.

After flipping, it will take about 1 minute to cook the other side so this is your chance to spread Nutella on the crepe. Once done, fold the crepe twice to get the V shape (same as the photo).

2 comments:

  1. I love crepe!:) Thanks for sharing Krish!:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course Mitchie! Thanks for checking out the blog.

      Delete