Thursday, March 22, 2012

Nice To Meet You, Fernando (and thank you)!

Most of you know by now that I am taking care of my grandmother. As I dropped her off to dinner with her lady friends, I decided to take the hour and relax. No computer, no phone, nothing. I walked over to Renzo Brick Oven Pizzeria, located at 381 Revere Beach Blvd, Revere, Massachusetts to finally see what this place is all about. The weather was beautiful, and the windows were opened, inviting a great people watching spot. I took a seat at the bar, ordered a Jim Beam on the rocks and examined the menu. I was craving seafood.

As I was debating what to put in my mouth, I started chatting with the man on my left. He introduced himself as Fernando, a Long Island Native whose father is from Puerto Rico. He recently moved to Revere and spends his restaurant time at Renzo and Antonia's at The Beach. His two favorite spots near his home. The conversation immediately went to food and MassBytes. We both realized how much we had in common. Our thoughts about roast beef sandwiches, pizza, and local restaurants seemed to be one.

Since he was familiar with the restaurant's menu, he offered to buy me one of his favorite appetizers: Asparagus Saute. This dish consists of perfectly cooked asparagus stalks wrapped with mozzarella cheese and prosciutto, then sauteed in extra virgin olive oil, and served with a couple slices of fresh lemon. Typically, I wouldn't order a dish that seems to be easy enough to make at home, but I am so grateful Fernando introduced me to this plate of heaven.

My hour was up and off I went, but I will be back for some seafood and a warm feeling for Renzo.

1 comment: