Monday, June 11, 2012

The Most Interesting American Pinot Noir (by John Syfor)

The Most Interesting American Pinot Noir I have Tasted So Far

      
     Part of my job is to taste wine everyday...I know, boo hoo. Truth is, most of what I taste is uninteresting, especially when it is American wine.  That said, I am always in search of "interesting" American wines. Recently I had the opportunity to taste the wines of Bergstrom, a winery from Oregon. From the first taste of their Chardonnay to the last sip of their single vineyard Pinot Noir, I was hooked. These wines speak of the earth from which they come, which is common of European wine, but not always so of "New World" wines. Like their "high-quality" European counterparts, these wines are not inexpensive, but dollar for dollar, they are much more affordable. 

The featured wine is the Cumberland Reserve Pinot Noir: this wine is a blend of fruit from four vineyards. 
Color: Clear, Dark Garnet
Aromas: Black Cherry, Smoke, Spice, Meaty
Mouth: Medium-Full Body, Cherry, Earthy Spice, Smokey, Balanced Acidity, Long Finish

John Syfor - Wine Consultant
Federal Wines and Spirits
29 State Street, Boston MA
john@federalwine.com

No comments:

Post a Comment