Monday, February 11, 2013

Three (or four) Cheese Baked Tortellini: snowed-in food

So, how much snow did your neighborhood get?  Here in Roslindale, it doesn't look like there's a reporting station, but JP on one side got 25" and West Roxbury on the other got 25.5", so I figure we're right around there too. If you had to shovel, I know you're probably tired and sore, like me - I spent two hours and change out there and my arms and shoulders are stiff today - so what better to do that replenish all that energy by eating something hot and bubbly and really, really cheesy? To that end: Three-Cheese Baked Tortellini (that might actually have four cheeses in it).

You all know I'm never going to use words like "guilt-free" in relation to food, because I don't think eating should make you feel guilty in the first place and I'm certainly not out to tell you what you should and shouldn't eat. But if you are inclined to want to justify your dinner, first off shoveling is a workout, and second off you're hibernating right now. You need something to put a little meat on your bones - although this has no meat in it - to help insulate you! Obviously.


Do you have any ingredients in the house? Well, grocery stores are open again, so get your snow pants on and go buy out all the cheese in the store, and bake up a big pan of delicious Three-Cheese Baked Tortellini!

No comments:

Post a Comment