Thursday, June 14, 2012

Sunny Side-Up Egg Pepper Rings (by Sarah Sparks)

This is the picture that caught me.
As I was facebook surfing, a picture of  fried eggs in red and green pepper rings caught my eye. I immediately said out loud that I could make this, and in return, my kid sister said she was hungry. We ran down to the kitchen. She started slicing the pepper rings while I got the frying pan heated with some butter and turned the broiler on to make toast. When she finished slicing the peppers and the pan was ready, I threw in the rings and slowly poured one egg into each. Then, I let the eggs sit for a couple of minutes with the heat on about medium-high. I put the bread pieces in the oven, flipping once, making sure both sides were a golden brown. After a couple minutes or three, I shut the heat off, covered the frying pan with a lid, and started preparing the plates with salad greens, blueberries, and the perfectly toasted bread slices. Once the eggs were cooked to our liking, I transferred the eggs to the plate with a spatula. Topped with a little salt and cracked black pepper. Total time in kitchen: ten minutes. Yum!

Not bad for the first time.

Side Note: As I was eating, I decided to place the whole ring with egg in between two toast pieces and eat it as a sandwich. That was fun. :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment