Thursday, June 7, 2012

Kc's Birthday Dinner (by Sarah Sparks)

This thank you post is long overdue. I know, Kc. I know. Better late than never. Thank you for dealing with someone like me who can be a pain in the ass. I do love you. So yeah, Happy Mother's Day to you, because you are a special lady in my life as well. Some day, I would love to cook for you. Maybe Lentil Tacos?  

It was Mother's Day AND Kc "The Management" Hoye's Birthday. Instead of having supper with the ladies in my family, I spent the evening indulging in Kc's home cooked dinner of Ham and Mac & Cheese. Yes, she wanted to cook for her birthday and no she would not let any of us help. She enjoys cooking and doesn't get to do it often, so if you get a chance to have her dinner, do it. Yes. Do it.

The Luxury stated it was the best ham ever.
The food was so homey and delicious I ended up having three plates full, BIG PLATES FULL. By the time I got to dessert, freshly sliced watermelon, I had to unbutton the top of my jeans to let my belly expand.

I love watermelon so much I would marry it.
I had a lovely time sitting, chatting, and eating with not only Kc, but the guys from The Luxury. Yes, you read right. They are back, and I must say better than ever. Jason Dunn played some of their new tracks for me, and it made me think back to the time I saw them perform at Church. I danced that night. I don't dance. If you can get me to dance, then it is a miracle, so I can only imagine what they will do to me this time when I get a chance to see a live performance.

Check out Kc's write-up about The Luxury and her walkabout blog, #opwalkabout.

The Luxury with Kc: http://www.unregularradio.com/music-news/item/551-the-luxury-you-wanted-all-along
#opwalkabout : http://whywalkabout.blogspot.com/2012/06/mission-of-my-walkabout.html

For more about The Luxury: www.theluxuryband.com

No comments:

Post a Comment