Friday, May 25, 2012

Making Late Night Snacks: Frozen Waffle Breakfast Dessert

As I had my face buried in my laptop, my eyes stopped at Bay State Rock Carmelita's post on the Facebook newsfeed. Her mention of blueberry pancakes made me fantasize myself in a diner. At one point, this thought went to IHOP.

Oh, IHOP, how I cannot drink coffee anymore because of you and your bottomless pots for $2. No teenager should consume that amount of coffee.

Anyways, I needed to satisfy my increasing desire for this breakfast plate. What was a girl to do? Then the light bulb clicked on. Although I couldn't have blueberry pancakes at the moment, I did have the ingredients to replicate IHOP's Belgium Waffle - Frozen Waffles, Banana Slices, Strawberry Sauce, Maple Syrup, and Whipped Cream. Not the best in the world, but definitely satisfying for the middle of the night snack.

Ingredients
  • Frozen Waffles (cook according to directions)
  • Banana - sliced
  • Strawberry Sauce
  • Maple Syrup
  • Whipped Cream
Layer all ingredients in the order they appear. Substitute or delete any ingredients as you feel fit. Boom.

End Note:
IHOP, you hop, we all hop for IHOP is a line that will forever be in my head from my glory days of binge coffee drinking. Breakfast, anyone? 

No comments:

Post a Comment