Monday, February 13, 2012

Food on the Road - Tour Day 9 - Jacksonville, FL to Miami, FL

We woke up early enough to get out of the room before full on checkout time, and started our drive from jacksonville, FL down to Miami, FL, where we were slated to play this night. I don’t remember much of the drive, but I know that I had one of my Indian food MREs, cold, directly from the bag with a piece of nan, and I enjoyed the fact that I had my own food to eat without spending any money that day. 



Once we arrived at the bar, we were informed that they would be making some food for us. Unfortunately, my phone decided on right about then to die, so I didn’t get pictures, but the bar fed us well on breaded fish, hot wings and a few other fried foodstuffs, along with a giant metal bowl of spiced crispy french fries. Great food, well spiced and perfectly deep fried.

We played some pool, played some music, met a bunch of great local folks and then made the 45 minute or so drive over to our frontman's brother's house where we were to crash for the night.

**********

Chestnut Growlers plays drums for The Swaggerin' Growlers, a punk/folk band based in Boston, MA. He tours full time. This blog is about the food experienced on the road: the good, the bad, and homemade and the gas station sammiches. You can find the band here: The Swaggerin' Growlers


No comments:

Post a Comment