Monday, July 16, 2012

Lentil and Bacon Soup: love means making an extra slice of bacon

You know what?  Nearly every post I've written for MassBytes I've been exhausted or hung over or both.  This is because my posts show up on Monday mornings, so I'm usually writing them on Sunday mornings, and this summer has been a busy one in terms of having lots of shows to go to.  Last night, for instance, my husband's band Hookerclops played their second show in 3 days, this one being a benefit show in New Bedford (about an hour's drive away from Boston, if you're not familiar with New Bedford... but it has a vibrant music and art scene so you really should be!).  Even if they hadn't played last, we would probably have stayed until the end, but playing last guaranteed that we didn't get home until about 3, and were in bed half an hour after that.  It is now, for the record, 8:19am; I got up at about 7:30.  All this is to say that if I don't have a lot of inspired things to say about a recipe, it's not because it isn't fantastic - I'm just half dead.

This particular recipe is for Lentil and Bacon Soup.  I know the weather right now might not make you think about soup, but maybe you have (and can afford to use) air-conditioning.  If you're like me instead, this is still a great recipe, but maybe save it until the heat breaks a bit?  I don't know.  Maybe you're down with soup in the hot weather.  I'm not really against it myself.  At least you don't have to stand over the hot stove stirring very much - and it's not a heavy soup, it's just lentils and veggies and, of course, MassBytes, bacon.  I know you love it!  So don't let me prejudice you against it just because it's a hot bowl of soup.  After all, sweating cools the body down!


Some other reasons you may be interested in going to check out the recipe: I utter the phrase "white wine just isn't my jam," and I meditate on the connection between bacon and love (specifically, that love means always making an extra slice of bacon).

No comments:

Post a Comment