Monday, January 21, 2013

Butterscotch Blondies: acquired tastes

Do you like the flavour of butterscotch?  I know it's a very distinct taste, and it isn't really like anything else.  I could see if it was too intense for someone.  I'm not sure if I used to like it.  Even now, it isn't something I actively seek out, but I like it just fine when I have it.  These Butterscotch Blondies are pretty butterscotchy, so you would want to be, if not a butterscotch fan, at least pro-butterscotch.  But you're in for a treat if you do like it!

But it got me thinking.  I used to not care for certain foods for no real reason.  I've been convincing myself to like more things in the past few years, and it has nearly always worked out.  I didn't have to tell myself I ought to get into butterscotch, but I did have to teach myself I should like pickles, for instance, or lamb.  What about you?  Have you "acquired" any tastes that you didn't used to have?


And would you like to acquire some of these Butterscotch Bars?  Maybe if you don't think you care much for butterscotch, these will change your mind...

No comments:

Post a Comment