Monday, December 3, 2012

Honey Whiskey Carrots: drunk on vegetables

I know all you MassBytes readers out there love vegetables.  I know I don't have to bribe you by soaking them in booze first to get you to eat them.  But consider: you're reading a food blog.  You already get all jazzed about delicious in-season produce.  I know, however, that - like me - you probably cook for people who aren't necessarily as enthused by the bounty of the season or what have you. And that's fine, there are plenty of things I don't get excited about that I'll tolerate for the people in my life, and they'll do the same for me, and that's what society is based on.

But these carrots are cooked in whiskey, just in case.


I brought them to Thanksgiving, and even though there were no kids there, don't worry, you can bring them to your next family gathering too - the actual alcohol cooks off and just leaves a slight kick in the flavour.  Or just make them for yourself - eating boozy vegetables alone is not at all the same as actually drinking alone. Honey-Whiskey Carrots!

No comments:

Post a Comment