Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Tortellini and Sausage Soup: the glory of leftovers

I'm sorry for the delay in posting - on Sunday, when I usually write my posts, I was in New Bedford all day watching HookerClops make music videos.  So stay tuned for those.

But instead, I'd like to talk about soup... LOTS of soup. This recipe makes a ton, so either make it when you're cooking for a crowd or when you'd like to eat leftovers for a while (or, of course, cut it down).  People malign leftovers, but with soups and stews and chilis, I find that they get better after a day or two in the fridge, don't you?  The flavours have time to meld more, and the liquid soaks up all the deliciousness from the ingredients.  So maybe do make the whole thing?


It's got tortellini in it which I did not make and don't encourage you to make unless you are really ambitious (I am not - one day I'm going to bite the bullet and make pasta, but not yet), as well as sausage and tomato and red wine.  And you would just not believe how well these things play together.  But my big soup pot nearly overflowed!  So be aware of the limitations of your cookware before you decide to make this.

So are you ready?  Do you have a big pot?  Do you have a taste for leftovers?  Good!  Let's go! It's soup:30!


No comments:

Post a Comment