Monday, June 25, 2012

Roasted Garlic, Spinach, and Sausage Pasta vs fussy eaters

Are there some foods you just decided not to like?  I mean without giving them a chance - based on your ideas of what they'll be like, or how they look, or because you've had them one way and that way wasn't very good.  I know I've got a few of those.  I'm making a conscious effort, though, to try things that I don't know for sure that I don't like.  I just don't want to be embarrassed by being the picky person at the table anymore.  Plus, I'm not going to have uncomfortable experiences traveling (well, of course, I will, that's part of traveling - but perhaps not in the turning-down-one's-host's-food way).


And, not to point fingers, but the current 6th-ranked air guitarist in New England (I know that says he's 5th, but you'll notice there are 2 people ranked #3, and at the end of the second round the tie had been broken, and he left with 6th place) has a longer list of foods he doesn't like than I do.  So it's a fine balance between wanting him to enjoy the things he's currently missing out on, and trying not to be a huge pain in the ass.  That's why I was so excited about this dish.  See, it has spinach in it. I don't know if you think of the gloppy green mass you may have been served as a kid - Popeye was INVENTED to convince us it wasn't gross, I mean - when you hear the word "spinach," but you're not alone if you do.  So sometimes a dish with spinach in it might be a tough sell.  But in this?  Not at all.  It might help that the spinach doesn't really have time to wilt, or maybe it's because roasted garlic is what dreams smell like and hot Italian sausage is also from heaven, and those can outweigh any spinachy objections.


Does this appeal to you the way it appeals to me?  Do you have something against spinach but are willing to be convinced that it doesn't have to suck?  Do you just love roasted garlic and/or hot Italian sausage?  If any of these are true, go make it right now!

MassBytes: Sign Up For Our Newsletters

No comments:

Post a Comment