Monday, March 26, 2012

Achievements!

Do you have some dishes, techniques, or ingredients that you're intimidated to make or use? I'm sure we all do - things that seem like they're really better left to the pros. I've got half a dozen I could name off-hand, ranging from things that seem too hard to things that require specialized equipment or ingredients that I don't want to have to buy, to things that seem doable but just look like they'll take too long. But a little while ago, I checked off one of those things on the list: filled cupcakes.

** this is post-filling, pre-icing

These are peanut butter cupcakes with a cookie dough filling and chocolate icing - and the filling is no-egg cookie dough, so you can totally just eat it with a spoon if you have extra (not that I wouldn't eat the regular kind of cookie dough, I definitely do that). They're really not any harder than regular cupcakes to make, either - I mean, there is one extra thing to do and that is making the filling, but it isn't challenging or anything, and then you just scoop out the middles of the baked cupcakes (and eat them), and fill 'em up with cookie dough. Then, just ice the tops and you have SURPRISE cupcakes!

No comments:

Post a Comment